Indian Princess Doll

 



When i was seven i 

would have sold my soul and

 gone to Hell for 

an Indian Princess Doll

a little brown skinned  

girl who would play with me

in forests she would lead me to

soft rabbits

and people who walked

quietly on moccasined 

feet bones lying in her grave

at Residential School did

she clutch her little white dolly 

and dream of me?


The photo is of my piece called 'Truth and Reconciliation' completed in honour of my former student, Blue Feather Eagle Woman, (known as Jolie Robson in life), who died in a Whitehorse jail cell at age 23. 

Comments

  1. Canadians are coming to terms (finally) with some ugly truths, I hope, long overdue for recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope our country finally FINALLY sees things for how they truly are. Time to stop burying our heads in the sand and face the truth.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Dancing Crone

Cliodhna