Cliodhna

 


Cliodhna (Klee na), Celtic goddess of the sea and the afterlife.  

I taught school in Canada's Yukon Territory for a decade or so and while i was there I was enchanted by the Spirit Houses some of the First Nations people made for the graves of their ancestors.  So when the pandemic first hit and I was very frightened I decided to make spirit houses for my ancestors. I used masks because many ancient societies used masks in rituals to reach the spirit world. i always have one of my spirit houses/masks hanging by my door to keep out any nasty entities like the corona virus.

Cliodhna is my most recent. 


Comments

  1. So cool! I like how the shell is her mouth. And Cliodhna is a new goddess to me -- thanks for the introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! Like Debra, this is a new goddess to me. And I enjoy learning about them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fascinating, I had never heard of Spirit Houses but what a beautiful idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Dancing Crone

Indian Princess Doll